Remanufacturing in Action
SIR funded projects are making tangible impacts in Scottish Industry, our case studies include examples of increased productivity, cost saving and reduced waste to landfill
Technology case studies
- Cleaning Cylinder Head Casings – AFRC & a diesel engine manufacturer
- Towards a universal test rig – A design challenge. The Weir Group PLC & University of Strathclyde
- Measuring technologies in remanufacture. The Weir Group PLC & University of Strathclyde
- Diffusing the commodity time bomb through sustainable business practices. University of Strathclyde & a diesel remanufacturer
Remanufacturing process case studies
- Scaling Remanufacturing Processes by improving efficiency & productivity. Mackies Automatic Transmissions Ltd & University of Strathclyde
- Increasing productivity & competitiveness through practical workplace solutions. The Turbo Guy & Heriot Watt University
Remanufacturing in action
Below are some great examples of remanufacturing in action from some of the contacts in the SIR network.
Islabikes and the Imagine Project are rethinking the way bicycles will be made and supplied in the future
Ownership as we know it will become a thing of the past. Bicycles will be rented to the user, then when they are finished with they will be returned to the factory, refurbished and rented to another rider. This will prevent precious raw materials going into landfill.